Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 5      1   2   3   4   Next   »
kaide23

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #1 
Just get my AWT 26650 4500mAh yesterday. Everything went well this morning, until just now, my battery left half bar at the battery indicator. I was vaping with 0.39ohms SS316L dual coil at 40watts 230degC. After a puff, it show up Weak Battery. I know AWT 26650 written 75A is a hype. Can someone teach me how should I do? I run through this catagory but seems like I am the only that have this problem.... Thanks in advance.
VapingBad

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,449
Reply with quote  #2 
Try the test firmware linked in my footer, it reduces the weak battery warnings and flashes the battery icon instead of showing the message.
__________________
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •

Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200/250DNA 75
Common problems
kaide23

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #3 
Yo man, thanks for the guide. It is my first time using Escribe and DNA chips. After update the firmware, so far so good and the weak battery no longer came up.
Scarab

Member
Registered:
Posts: 53
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaide23
After a puff, it show up Weak Battery.

VT75 have a little issue in construction, try this.
AMDtrucking

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #5 
Could somebody explain to me: What is the difference between "Weak Battery"  and flashing battery sign? My DX75 with Sony US26650VT 50A does this at 50% charge, while the flashing battery sign, never flashes.

dwcraig1

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,248
Reply with quote  #6 
I believe that the earlier firmware uses weak battery message while the later firmware flashes the battery icon instead.
What is your cell soft cut off set to and what is the battery's standing voltage when this first shows?

__________________
I am not connected with and do not represent Evolv Inc. All opinions are my own. They are just opinions and may not be correct.
sciha

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #7 
Hi, I've charged my AWT IMR 26650 battery to full this morning and was able to vape around 55W without battery blinking.
Just noticed when the battery drains around 3/4 its starts to blink.  Is there an option I can set on escribe to have the battery blinking turn on when its past half the charge of the battery? or something with the initial pulse/preheat that I can adjust.
ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by sciha
Hi, I've charged my AWT IMR 26650 battery to full this morning and was able to vape around 55W without battery blinking.
Just noticed when the battery drains around 3/4 its starts to blink.  Is there an option I can set on escribe to have the battery blinking turn on when its past half the charge of the battery? or something with the initial pulse/preheat that I can adjust.
most 26650 batteries are not the best when it comes to vaping 50w and above. you can try a better 26650 battery. i noticed battery mooch is really liking the ijoy 26605. a true 30 amp 26650.

here take a look.......

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/threads/ijoy-40a-4200mah-26650-bench-test-results-overrated-but-a-great-30a-battery.764411/

another thing you can try to avoid a premature weak batt message is.....you can see what your "cell soft cutoff" is set to in escribe under the "Mod" tab. you could take it down to 2.68v but no lower than that or you run the risk of having the mod not work correctly (fixable by bringing the CSC back up) .

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
AMDtrucking

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwcraig1
I believe that the earlier firmware uses weak battery message while the later firmware flashes the battery icon instead.
What is your cell soft cut off set to and what is the battery's standing voltage when this first shows?


Hi DGCRAIG1, nice to see you again. You were right, I upgraded firmware and "Weak Battery" doesn't show anymore, my Battery Indicator is flashing instead. [smile] But all 'n all, as much as I vole all seven of my DNA200 devices, I'm very disappointed in DNA75. I have DX75 and VT75. I don't think it's Evolv's fault, I is the lack of a decent 26650 battery on the market today. I've tested MNKE IMR26650 3500mAh 35A, VapPower IMR26650 4200 mAh 40A (bool sh...t), Sony US26650VT 2600mAh 50A. I was able to get 30A and 75 Watts, but only for the first 5 -10 puffs. When my battery is 75% charged and below, the Battery indicator starts flashing and power goes down. I also noticed, that my board overheats quickly. My 75 Watt  Escribe Battery Analyzer was so short, that I can show three of them on one screen: The best performance, I got from Sony US18650VTC5 and VTC6. 26650 batteries were nowhere near them. VapPover 4200 mAh gave me 0.558 Watt/hours (158.9 mAh usable capacity), Sony US26650VT 1.591 W/h (430 mAh usable), Sony US18650VTC5 2.292 W/h (619 mAh) and VapPower 5200 mAh could not reach 75 Watts and failed my test. Sony US26650VT was able to give me full 75 Watts, but not for long. Those are very sad numbers. IMHO. [mad]
 

I'm going to try A123 LiFePo4 battery next. Has anyone tried these batteries? Will DNA75 even support such low Voltage? [crazy] Or DNA75 with current batteries is really a 50 Watt device?
Spammy1982

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #10 
Howdy AMDtrucking, 

I also have the VT75 and personally I really like it, but I only vape around 50 watts.  As far as the overheating is concerned I found that crud was accumulating in the threading of the battery compartment, so now I clean the threading with some alcohol every other time I replace the battery and I haven't had the overheating issue.  It's seems to be similar to what tends to happen with tube mech mods (at least the ones I have owned) that start getting hot once the button gets dirty.

Have a good one, 
Sam
dwcraig1

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,248
Reply with quote  #11 
So I set out to test my SDNA75 with LG HD2 18650 with my Velocity @75 watts....I eventually gave up (at 34 drags) as it just isn't my thing but here are the screens at the start and my finish. It seemed to do quite well I thought.
75watt start.JPG
75 watts after.JPG
B
ut the flashing battery icon was coming soon...@ 2.75 volts.
Voltage drop 75 watts.JPG 



__________________
I am not connected with and do not represent Evolv Inc. All opinions are my own. They are just opinions and may not be correct.
AMDtrucking

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #12 
Is it just me? But in the latest revision of Escribe 1.2 SP3, Battery Analyzer is buggy. It shows up small in upper left corner.

Rcarter

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #13 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDtrucking


I'm going to try A123 LiFePo4 battery next. Has anyone tried these batteries? Will DNA75 even support such low Voltage? [crazy] Or DNA75 with current batteries is really a 50 Watt device?


The DNA200 does officially support LiFePO4, though the DNA75 doesn't come with a LiFePO4 discharge profile built in. While the running voltage is quite low (you'll be in the 2.8-3V range under load in the 50-75W range) because the output curve is so flat you shouldn't be sitting just above the cell cutoff voltage for 95% of the discharge. Definitely worth trying out. 

 

I do have a bit of advice for getting a true 75W out of the DNA75 with fewer issues though. Specifically you will want to try and make sure your resistance is low enough that the board is doing step-down to regulate rather than step-up (boost). Step-down is significantly more efficient, and actually a good deal more accurate and smooth.  This means fewer 'Too Hot' errors, and if you watch the output in escribe you'll notice it's significantly more flat.

It may sounds a little ridiculous at first glance, but if you keep your resistance at or below 0.12ohms you should notice an improvement. It's not too difficult to achieve either. Depending on how you currently build (assuming you're generally using power mode), it might just be as simple as switching to using the same gauge of a lower resistance wire (like SS 316L), or changing from say an 8-wrap coil to a parallel 4-wrap of the same wire to 1/4 the resistance.

ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rcarter



The DNA200 does officially support LiFePO4, though the DNA75 doesn't come with a LiFePO4 discharge profile built in. While the running voltage is quite low (you'll be in the 2.8-3V range under load in the 50-75W range) because the output curve is so flat you shouldn't be sitting just above the cell cutoff voltage for 95% of the discharge. Definitely worth trying out. 

 

I do have a bit of advice for getting a true 75W out of the DNA75 with fewer issues though. Specifically you will want to try and make sure your resistance is low enough that the board is doing step-down to regulate rather than step-up (boost). Step-down is significantly more efficient, and actually a good deal more accurate and smooth.  This means fewer 'Too Hot' errors, and if you watch the output in escribe you'll notice it's significantly more flat.

It may sounds a little ridiculous at first glance, but if you keep your resistance at or below 0.12ohms you should notice an improvement. It's not too difficult to achieve either. Depending on how you currently build (assuming you're generally using power mode), it might just be as simple as switching to using the same gauge of a lower resistance wire (like SS 316L), or changing from say an 8-wrap coil to a parallel 4-wrap of the same wire to 1/4 the resistance.

you would think that the 75 would be more efficient in buck mode rather than boost. you would be correct that buck tends to be more efficient between the two. but i don't think that applies to this board. actually the opposite applies when dealing with this board. never get the too hot error when output is above battery voltage. with anything .1 and below running at 75w, i get the too hot message on all of my 75 boards, usually after one vape. so if i have a build that requires that type of wattage, and built at a low ohm, i throw it on a dna 200.

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
AMDtrucking

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 16
Reply with quote  #15 
@Rcarter,  I generally vape at TC mode, Nife30 and NiFe48. Therefore low resistance is no problem. My A123 LiFePo4, from eBay, turned out to be fake. I returned it back and ordered one from NKON.NL. It's going to be a while, before it arrives. Meanwhile, I try to use my DNA75 under 50 Watts (Kayfun V5, Rose V3, Marlin etc) and leave my dual coil tanks to six of my DNA200's. All-n-all, I think that DNA75 is a big disappointment due to the lack of good, powerful 26650 batteries, on the market. My Sony US18650VTC4, VTC5 and VTC6 are working better and longer, then VapPower 26650 4200 mAh, MNKE 26650 3500 mAh and Sony US26650VT 2600 mAh. 
 
 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.