Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
mactavish

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 127
Reply with quote  #1 
Just curious about this behavior. On both my DNA200 and DNA75 devices, I have a Stainless Steel notch coil reading at 26 ohms in TC mode. Ohms never locked and stay consistent. With the Atty at room temp, when I switch the mod to "power mode", the ohms immediately show as 29 ohms, as I puff the ohms rise to .32 ohms. If I put the mod down, let it cool, the ohms go back down to .29 again, but never the .26 ohms that I see when in TC mode. Wondering why I am seeing two different initial cold ohm readings, depending on being in TC or Power mode?
VapingBad

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,449
Reply with quote  #2 
It just doesn't need to keep track of the cold res in power mode so I would expect to see it higher.  It will just adjust for the mod resistance and continually adjust the power from monitoring the voltage and the current, the resistance is for info and not needed to work out the voltage/power.
__________________
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •

Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200/250DNA 75
Common problems
mactavish

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 127
Reply with quote  #3 
Thanks VB. I was just curious about the discrepancy I was seeing.
Vaperkarloz

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 53
Reply with quote  #4 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactavish
Just curious about this behavior. On both my DNA200 and DNA75 devices, I have a Stainless Steel notch coil reading at 26 ohms in TC mode. Ohms never locked and stay consistent. With the Atty at room temp, when I switch the mod to "power mode", the ohms immediately show as 29 ohms, as I puff the ohms rise to .32 ohms. If I put the mod down, let it cool, the ohms go back down to .29 again, but never the .26 ohms that I see when in TC mode. Wondering why I am seeing two different initial cold ohm readings, depending on being in TC or Power mode?

Use escribe to put the old resistance locked on escribe, just dont lock with kanthal
mactavish

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 127
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaperkarloz

Use escribe to put the old resistance locked on escribe, just dont lock with kanthal


It's NEVER recommended to lock resistance on a DNA mod, unless you have a problem Atty.
Wayneo

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #6 
@Mactavish While I agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize you're talking to an Engineer. He's been asked to stop posting that comment on locking numerous times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaperkarloz
.............. studied electrical and computer engineering technology+psychology)

I don't know how an Engineer with access to a PC, CANNOT do a simple Print Screen when asked, and instead submits an out of focus, incorrect orientation image.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneo
.... @Vaperkarloz Can you do, or learn how to do a 'Print Screen'. It will generate the image in the proper orientation, and much better clarity. Also as a newer user with problems, your continued commenting recommending users to lock their ohms will only generate problems/queries here if others follow that misguided wrong advice.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaperkarloz
I can't, best i can do is take multiple small photos 16mpx from my Android


Everytime I see him post, in my head I start singing a Frank Zappa song, posted a line from it once, only to have Saint VapingBad delete the comment. Aah, this one will also probably get deleted, but before doing so, I wish they'd go and look at doing the same for him and his posts.

And now another quote, from I believe Einstein. "He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."

__________________
My old tired eyes don't look at skewed, moire filled cell phone photos. Printscreen - Sniping tool or [ALT]+[PRT SCN], open MSPaint and paste [CTRL]+[V]
mactavish

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 127
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayneo
@Mactavish While I agree with you wholeheartedly, you do realize you're talking to an Engineer. He's been asked to stop posting that comment on locking numerous times.


I don't know how an Engineer with access to a PC, CANNOT do a simple Print Screen when asked, and instead submits an out of focus, incorrect orientation image.





Everytime I see him post, in my head I start singing a Frank Zappa song, posted a line from it once, only to have Saint VapingBad delete the comment. Aah, this one will also probably get deleted, but before doing so, I wish they'd go and look at doing the same for him and his posts.

And now another quote, from I believe Einstein. "He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would suffice."


Thanks for the heads up!
James

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 304
Reply with quote  #8 
This particular behavior is mostly an artifact -- on-screen Ohms is Cold Ohms for temperature-sensing coils and Live Ohms for non-temperature-sensing coils. In Device Monitor / EScribe fields on-screen Ohms are labeled Cold Ohms. The underlying query is R=GET. So, for non-temperature-sensing coils, you are always seeing Live Ohms.

As for 0.29 vs. 0.26, does this occur when you have preheat off as well, and if you fire at only a watt or two?
mactavish

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 127
Reply with quote  #9 
Quote:
Originally Posted by James
This particular behavior is mostly an artifact -- on-screen Ohms is Cold Ohms for temperature-sensing coils and Live Ohms for non-temperature-sensing coils. In Device Monitor / EScribe fields on-screen Ohms are labeled Cold Ohms. The underlying query is R=GET. So, for non-temperature-sensing coils, you are always seeing Live Ohms.

As for 0.29 vs. 0.26, does this occur when you have preheat off as well, and if you fire at only a watt or two?


I believe preheat is off, and SS in power mode at 1-2 watts does show the 26 ohms, properly. Not sure what that means, but it is as you say.
arsacane

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #10 
I might be complete wrong but I assume that when in TC it shows the cold resistance (normalized to 20C after taking into account room temp) vs the live ohms (real time resistance)...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.