Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 4 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4
John

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 500
Reply with quote  #46 
Okay, then it isn't talking to the screen at all. Could be the screen, but more likely the cable or connection.
KTMRider

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #47 
I posted in your other thread but thought I'd share with this thread. 

It was a pinched ribbon cable. I replaced the screen and all's well again. 

Schnell18t

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 12
Reply with quote  #48 
I'm glad you got it working. Mine is doing the same thing. I might have to do this as well. I have another one that the screen is going dim when the power button is pressed and I'm betting the ribbon is being pinched when the button is pressed. I have 1 dna40 screen, will that screen work on the 200? I have contacted hana but haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking it would be faster to just fix it my self.
macz

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 121
Reply with quote  #49 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnell18t
I'm glad you got it working. Mine is doing the same thing. I might have to do this as well. I have another one that the screen is going dim when the power button is pressed and I'm betting the ribbon is being pinched when the button is pressed. I have 1 dna40 screen, will that screen work on the 200? I have contacted hana but haven't heard back yet. I'm thinking it would be faster to just fix it my self.


Yes it will work
KTMRider

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #50 
Yes, the DNA40 large screen will work on the DNA200. 

I emailed them on Friday so I got a response this morning but I think they're getting slammed (or will be very soon) with dead screens. I would be very (very) surprised if 1 in 10 didn't have a pinched ribbon after looking at the inside of the mod. 
Timkrebel

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #51 
Is anyone else having problems with Hana's service dept I sent my Hana v200 in to them about two months ago to fix my screen issue. I haven't gotten it back form them nor can I get them to contact me about it can anyone help me or am I out $200
scoopy

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 310
Reply with quote  #52 
Wow I'd be flipping out after just 2 weeks!!!

Try all contact means necessary. . .email......phone.....etc

__________________
[wave]
blueridgedog

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 573
Reply with quote  #53 
Ask KTMRider about Hana...I don't think they have the customer service staff or process to handle the issues they are getting.
Voku

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #54 
Quote:
Originally Posted by plcockrell
I just received my Hana Modz DNA 200 today. I had been using it for about 3 hours when the screen went blank on me. The mod is still working normally but the screen is just blank. If I plug the device into my computer and then bring up the device monitor I can see it working. This happening completely randomly. I was using the mod, went to re-drip, and the screen just stopped working normally.

When I try to restore the default settings, the screen will come on with the Upload Settings text so I know the screen is working. It will also come on with the Evolve DNA 200 logo when you reboot the device and when I tried to flash the firmware again. The only other time I can see the screen is when the device is locked it will flash the device locked screen quickly if I hit the power button.

I have also tried putting the device into stealth mode and then turning it off. No luck.

I have not been able to find anything else on this issue and I hope it is just firmware glitch. I am loving this chip to much to have to send it back already!

Below is the device monitor screen shot.

Capture2.PNG


Edit: Also if I press capture screen it comes up blank as well. Which is making me think this could be a firmware issue?


I have the same problem. [tongue]



Softarno

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #55 
Well It seems I have the same issue, been using my triade DNA200 for about 3 or 4 months now, never gone to escripe and never used anything but power mode, and always my range was maximum 55W, only yesterday noticed the screen brightness dimmed a bit, and today morning it kept on dimming and dimming till its black now nothing can be seen, yet the mod fires and can be on and off , but nothing to be seen on the screen, is there anyway for a help in how to fix this issue? I saw someone said he replaced the screen, is this the only way to sort this issue out?
and does evolv have a warranty on the screens?
retird

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,187
Reply with quote  #56 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softarno
Well It seems I have the same issue, been using my triade DNA200 for about 3 or 4 months now, never gone to escripe and never used anything but power mode, and always my range was maximum 55W, only yesterday noticed the screen brightness dimmed a bit, and today morning it kept on dimming and dimming till its black now nothing can be seen, yet the mod fires and can be on and off , but nothing to be seen on the screen, is there anyway for a help in how to fix this issue? I saw someone said he replaced the screen, is this the only way to sort this issue out?
and does evolv have a warranty on the screens?


Sounds like the screen may have gotten cracked or damaged thus the screen slowly goes to black. Replace the screen and yes the screens are available for sale at Evolv. Doubt it's warranty issue but you could fill out a ticket with Evolv and explain what happened and they should reply back to you....

__________________
I am not an employee of and do not represent Evolv Inc.  My opinions are just that and are not meant to be fact or even correct.

Softarno

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #57 

Quote:
Originally Posted by retird


Sounds like the screen may have gotten cracked or damaged thus the screen slowly goes to black. Replace the screen and yes the screens are available for sale at Evolv. Doubt it's warranty issue but you could fill out a ticket with Evolv and explain what happened and they should reply back to you....

Thanks for the reply I will also try to contact Evolv as well

But the screen never been cracked or damaged and even the device never fall down or anything, but the dimming happened like the brightness went down then on the next day it went  further  lower in  brightness , but now its absolutely black. I contacted lost vape waiting for their reply and I will contact evelv as well.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.