Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment  
JaI Haze

Member
Registered:
Posts: 50
Reply with quote  #1 
I was wondering when playing around escribe I saw If temperature sensing coil is sensed, what if I set this to kanthal and did a pre heat punch.  Would it theoretically work or is it only working on the DNA boards for temp metals?  I am asking because I would love for it to pre heat higher than set power. Sig213 does this very well and was hoping if I could get my dna's to do this
BillW50

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 754
Reply with quote  #2 
With the current firmware, no preheat won't do anything with Kanthal. Just TC material.
JaI Haze

Member
Registered:
Posts: 50
Reply with quote  #3 
is that the firmware thats current or the beta one?  I have the firmware that came with the DNA75 download and that apparently upped the max power to 9.2V
BillW50

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 754
Reply with quote  #4 
That is all of them right now.
Insidery

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 5
Reply with quote  #5 
+1 vote for preheat for non TC coils! some coils have very long ramp up time this will help alot.
please and thank you [thumb]
dwcraig1

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,248
Reply with quote  #6 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaI Haze
is that the firmware thats current or the beta one?  I have the firmware that came with the DNA75 download and that apparently upped the max power to 9.2V

The firmware that comes with this EScribe for the 75 contains the firmware for the 200 as well.
The firmware dated 04-25 should be avoided.
Get it here:
http://evolvapor.com/dna75.php

__________________
I am not connected with and do not represent Evolv Inc. All opinions are my own. They are just opinions and may not be correct.
black lace

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 861
Reply with quote  #7 
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaI Haze
I was wondering when playing around escribe I saw If temperature sensing coil is sensed, what if I set this to kanthal and did a pre heat punch.  Would it theoretically work or is it only working on the DNA boards for temp metals?  I am asking because I would love for it to pre heat higher than set power. Sig213 does this very well and was hoping if I could get my dna's to do this


What i do on the 200 and also mech mods with no vv/vw or tc is short fire the button a few times, (tickling) just beffor you vape it, to pre heat it a bit, it works very well.
TechnoGeek

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by black lace
What i do on the 200 and also mech mods with no vv/vw or tc is short fire the button a few times, (tickling) just beffor you vape it, to pre heat it a bit, it works very well.


Ok, I gotta ask... I can see the point on a mech mod... You're not discharging the battery the additional time for the ramp up, which could be an additional 1-3 seconds depending on your coils(So if you have some huge 20 gauge,  reverse immelman, octo-core parallel, alien velociraptor dual coils).  As I said, I can see the point with a mech mod, you're preheating the coil without a a longer more continous draw from the batter/ies.  That makes sense to me.  If your using a regulated mod, I don't see the advantage to just pushing the button, and waiting, since you're waiting anyway when you're tickling the fire button....


I do agree though, preheat would be a great option to have for in power mode for coils that have more mass, and take awhile to heat up....
ErrrKT19

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 4
Reply with quote  #9 
why not just turn the power up? i'm not being critical, just curious.
black lace

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 861
Reply with quote  #10 
Technogreek..
I was talking to a bloke in the telly shop about ariels and radio signal, and after a few seconds he said "i can tell by the way your talking that you havnt got a clue what your on about"" and we both fell about laughing, my answere was "no its you thats put the time in"
I think youve got to sus your coils and batteries out,,,,
What i mean is, ballancing whatever coil will get some hours vaping out of what size battery you have.
To be straight...two mods for the day,
i have a 950 mah lipo/ dna/200 in a hammond 1590A, absolutly no point twincoiling rdta's rda's off that, it has a single coil kayfun russian rba, for mouth to lung vaping, and lasts all day and some ...... i also have a 1300mah g/box dna 200, set up with a twin coilied aromatizer, that lasts all day and gets through 3 tanks full 12/18ml of juice. I put them on charge throughout the night, all ready to go again in the am.. ding dang doo, jobs a good un..
gorman

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #11 
You can actually "cheat". You load the curve for Kanthal from Steam Engine. You'll see it's perfectly flat, with all the data points sitting at 1.0 coefficient. You leave most of them alone but start raising them by 0.1 after 392F°, 0.1 for every following point. You then select the new material for the VW profile, you instead opt for temperature control, set up preheat to your liking and vape. The circuit will respect the preheat values (I set the punch at 11, so it just erogates the preheat power for the preheat time duration), then, measuring the resistance and seeing it doesn't get higher, it will simply keep on outputting the max power you have set up.

And that's preheat for non temperature sensing coils in variwatt. [smile]
sdkyron

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gorman
You can actually "cheat". You load the curve for Kanthal from Steam Engine. You'll see it's perfectly flat, with all the data points sitting at 1.0 coefficient. You leave most of them alone but start raising them by 0.1 after 392F°, 0.1 for every following point. You then select the new material for the VW profile, you instead opt for temperature control, set up preheat to your liking and vape. The circuit will respect the preheat values (I set the punch at 11, so it just erogates the preheat power for the preheat time duration), then, measuring the resistance and seeing it doesn't get higher, it will simply keep on outputting the max power you have set up.

And that's preheat for non temperature sensing coils in variwatt. [smile]


I tried this but every time i try to upload to the device i get an error message saying: EEPROM programming failed, curve must be strictly increasing.
black lace

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 861
Reply with quote  #13 
I remember having a simular problem, but am on mobile at the moment so cant check what im saying, but if memory serves right i draged and droped the file into the materials dropdown list or sellected it from there, rather than sellect it from the general screen load profile, think there was also anouther way of getting it in but cant remenber without a computer.. so save it as a file first rather than just load.
i know your on about from program to device, but that is how it worked for me..
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.