Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 3      Prev   1   2   3
injen

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #31 
I' m just curious , what brand ni200 wire do you use ppl?
VapingBad

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,449
Reply with quote  #32 
I have used quit a few, the main difference is how clean they come.  Ni200 is a purity spec/grade for "Commercially Pure Nickel" that is 99.6% pure Ni so they should all be good if they are of that spec. http://continentalsteel.com/nickel-alloys/grades/ni-200-commercially-pure/
__________________
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •

Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200/250DNA 75
Common problems
JohnnyBigodes

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #33 
I have droped Nickel a long time ago.

I was used to Titanium, till the day i tried SS.

SS is for me a least an allround wire.
injen

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #34 
I used ud - stealth vape and gearspek , all of them have different resistance per meter, how you explain that ?
BillW50

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 754
Reply with quote  #35 
I get leeching from SS. There is something really bad in SS. I dried burned one and I got this horrible smell coming from it. I ran it under water and thought maybe it will be ok. Wicked it, juiced it, and vaped. That horrible smell, well it tasted exactly like it smelled. I tried all of my SS attys I was using at the time and yes, that taste was just barely detectable, but it was definitively there. Now I won't vape with the stuff. Plus SS is just horrible to use as TC wire. As the TCR value is way too low for good temperature sensing. Too bad I am retired. As I would run an energy-dispersive X-ray spectroscopy on it to find out what that smell/taste was.
VapingBad

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,449
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by injen
I used ud - stealth vape and gearspek , all of them have different resistance per meter, how you explain that ?


Most likely would be different thickness, even the tension which the wire was formed under could make a difference, but it's the TCR that is important to temp limiting.  Also the remain 0.04% of metals in the alloy may affect that.

__________________
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •

Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200/250DNA 75
Common problems
injen

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VapingBad


Most likely would be different thickness, even the tension which the wire was formed under could make a difference, but it's the TCR that is important to temp limiting.  Also the remain 0.04% of metals in the alloy may affect that.

All of them were 26ga , so you say that no matter the resistance all of them will work the same in temperature control?
VapingBad

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 2,449
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by injen
All of them were 26ga , so you say that no matter the resistance all of them will work the same in temperature control?

They should do, I just meant slightly different thickness.  You can check with a single coil builds in an spare dripper and do a cotton scorch test, just make sure you do a consistent fire time like 10 secs.

__________________
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •

Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200/250DNA 75
Common problems
injen

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #39 
Just for a refference with the ni200 from gearspek which has the higher resistance per meter the temperature control works ok , with all other wires the vape is weak, it would be great if we can have an official post with what wire is the board calibrated by default
BillW50

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 754
Reply with quote  #40 
Quote:
Originally Posted by injen
Just for a refference with the ni200 from gearspek which has the higher resistance per meter the temperature control works ok , with all other wires the vape is weak, it would be great if we can have an official post with what wire is the board calibrated by default

I use Lightning Vapes Ni200 28AWG Tempered and K.Bee Vapor Ni200 28AWG Non-Tempered and they both work great.
Pseries

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 1
Reply with quote  #41 
Nice...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.