Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #1 
Hi all, i have a problem with my VT133. im using fully charged pair of LG Hg2. i did the latest firmware upgrade and setup the battery in escribe but when i vape , the voltage is inconsistently going up and down in power mode and wattage goes from 35w down to 24w and up again. i got a dual kanthal coil 28g @ 0.58ohm setup in my atty. am i doing something wrong in escribe??

also when i lower down the wattage to 30w , the voltage is stable. i am confused
ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #2 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpui
Hi all, i have a problem with my VT133. im using fully charged pair of LG Hg2. i did the latest firmware upgrade and setup the battery in escribe but when i vape , the voltage is inconsistently going up and down in power mode and wattage goes from 35w down to 24w and up again. i got a dual kanthal coil 28g @ 0.58ohm setup in my atty. am i doing something wrong in escribe??

also when i lower down the wattage to 30w , the voltage is stable. i am confused
can you post a screenshot of device monitor while firing the mod?

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #3 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpui
Hi all, i have a problem with my VT133. im using fully charged pair of LG Hg2. i did the latest firmware upgrade and setup the battery in escribe but when i vape , the voltage is inconsistently going up and down in power mode and wattage goes from 35w down to 24w and up again. i got a dual kanthal coil 28g @ 0.58ohm setup in my atty. am i doing something wrong in escribe?? also when i lower down the wattage to 30w , the voltage is stable. i am confused


And...what kind of atty are you using?
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #4 
im using an OBS crius plus. here a gif file of the monitor when im firing it. when i switch to another atty , its does the same thing. and also i rewrapped both of my LG hg2 once

Attached Images
gif videotogif_2017.03.28_19.54.59.gif (7.40 MB, 14 views)

giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #5 
Quote:
Originally Posted by benpui
im using an OBS crius plus. here a gif file of the monitor when im firing it. when i switch to another atty , its does the same thing. and also i rewrapped both of my LG hg2 once


CB was referring to a screen shot of 'Device Monitor' in Escribe...not of your device!! Can't tell anything from that....
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #6 
oh sorry! thought you meant the monitor of the mod.

Attached Images
jpeg Vt133.jpg (221.06 KB, 7 views)

giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #7 
Device Monitor is showing 3 cells when it is a 2 cell device..in the 'Mod' tab, make sure it is set for 2 cells & upload to device... see if that helps...

Mod tab1.PNG 


benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #8 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz_60
Device Monitor is showing 3 cells when it is a 2 cell device..in the 'Mod' tab, make sure it is set for 2 cells & upload to device... see if that helps...

Mod tab1.PNG 



i tried it . it still showing 3cell @ 1.10v and fire inconsistent voltage
giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #9 
You changed/posted a different screenshot...can you post another with the ONLY the following boxes checked...pack,cell1,cell2,power,power set,cold ohms,live ohms.
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #10 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz_60
You changed/posted a different screenshot...can you post another with the ONLY the following boxes checked...pack,cell1,cell2,power,power set,cold ohms,live ohms.


ok got it. i updated escribe to 1.2 SP5

Attached Images
jpeg escribe pic.jpg (159.66 KB, 7 views)

giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #11 
While firing please...
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #12 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz_60
While firing please...


ok got it

Attached Images
jpeg escribe pic.jpg (199.62 KB, 8 views)

giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #13 
In the mod tab, set your 'Cell Soft Cutoff' to 2.8v...looks like you either have a weak cell (#1) that is hitting the cutoff, or you have a battery connection issue....might want to try a new set of batteries & keep them married...
benpui

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 9
Reply with quote  #14 
Quote:
Originally Posted by giz_60
In the mod tab, set your 'Cell Soft Cutoff' to 2.8v...looks like you either have a weak cell (#1) that is hitting the cutoff, or you have a battery connection issue....might want to try a new set of batteries & keep them married...


thanks very much for patience and your help ! i might have damage the battery due to over heating the battery with the wrap. I'll purchase a new set of battery for it.
giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #15 
You will notice in the last screen shot, the wattage starts to drop off when cell #1 is hitting the 3.09 level...setting the cell soft cutoff to 2.8v will help, along with a new set of batteries...keep them married so that they drain & charge together...
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.