Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 9      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next   »
ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #31 
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickCain
Will this support more materials in TC mode than Ni200?
yes. it has escribe to customize......whatever.[smile]

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #32 
Quote:
Originally Posted by VapingBad
The specsheet shows it can be connect directly to USB with a 10 k resistor in the USB Vdetect line (15).

connnections.png 
so I would need to jumper 11 and 15 with a 10k if I was to use a tp4056 board? Plus how is the screen going to be placed, hanging down or folded on top that you know of.
arsacane

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #33 
How can I get one? [biggrin]
I would love to have all DNA200 / DNA75 functionality in my old rDNA (great form factor)!



ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmod
so I would need to jumper 11 and 15 with a 10k if I was to use a tp4056 board? Plus how is the screen going to be placed, hanging down or folded on top that you know of.
here's how i planned it frogmod, (disregard question mark, i think i have it sorted out) i could be wrong tho. i've seen VCC is also referred to as VBUS so......

dna 2 amp routing.png 
the one marked "VCC" on the usb breakout is the vbus and i gotta add a 10k inline to 15. i think you leave "ID" open/not connected to anything. i would connect data + and - accordingly. and splice a second wire with a resistor into the +5v that goes to my 2 amp charging board. and i think i also have to splice the usb gnd to 12. i will try and get instructions on exactly what goes where..... 

as far as screen placement it's going to be exactly like the dna 40 large screen. the zif connector is in the same spot as the 40's.


__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyButt200
here's how i planned it frogmod, (disregard question mark, i think i have it sorted out) i could be wrong tho. i've seen VCC is also referred to as VBUS so......

dna 2 amp routing.png 
the one marked "VCC" on the usb breakout is the vbus and i gotta add a 10k inline to 15. i think you leave "ID" open/not connected to anything. i would connect data + and - accordingly. and splice a second wire with a resistor into the +5v that goes to my 2 amp charging board. and i think i also have to splice the usb gnd to 12. i will try and get instructions on exactly what goes where..... 

as far as screen placement it's going to be exactly like the dna 40 large screen. the zif connector is in the same spot as the 40's.
i think 15 is voltage detection like with some USB chargers they need 3V to say it's ok to start charging the ID is not connected in a USB cable

Attached Images
png image.png (386.80 KB, 76 views)

ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogmod
i think 15 is voltage detection like with some USB chargers they need 3V to say it's ok to start charging the ID is not connected in a USB cable
correct. so i think we're good to go. the reason i'm not using evolv's charge/data board is because i plan on gutting either my VS dna 40 or rdna 40. i plan on keeping and re implementing VS's zip charging. i'm leaning towards the dna 40 (internal battery) mod for the fact that the screen scrambles and no atty lock. good candidate for an upgrade, ya dig?

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyButt200
correct. so i think we're good to go. the reason i'm not using evolv's charge/data board is because i plan on gutting either my VS dna 40 or rdna 40. i plan on keeping and re implementing VS's zip charging. i'm leaning towards the dna 40 (internal battery) mod for the fact that the screen scrambles and no atty lock. good candidate for an upgrade, ya dig?
sound good I'll be looking forward to see it. I'm going to be installing this board in a A+ mod that has the cutouts for the 200 I was really hoping the screen position was made like the 200 anyways I'll make look work and look good. I hope there charger board doesn't throw me a wrench in my mod setup cuz I have no clue what it looks like till it gets here
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #38 
This is throwing me for a loop could be the wording just to get people to look at the web site

http://www.21food.com/products/newest-e-cigarette-import-dna-60-chip-,-cpu-temperature-control-60w-mod-,-vw-vaporizer-60w-box-mod-1724618.html
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #39 
Here's one more there saying it has a DNA 60 in it https://m.alibaba.com/product/60291853977/electronic-cigarette-china-Kvapor-M7-TC.html

Attached Images
png image.png (990.35 KB, 50 views)

ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #40 
i'd say neither have the actual board. click bait. you know the dna 60 shares almost the same footprint as the 40, right? i'm just wondering why you would get a box that is cut out for the 200 chip.....the 40 is about half the size of a 200 board. or are you planning on using external buttons?
__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #41 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyButt200
i'd say neither have the actual board. click bait. you know the dna 60 shares almost the same footprint as the 40, right? i'm just wondering why you would get a box that is cut out for the 200 chip.....the 40 is about half the size of a 200 board. or are you planning on using external buttons?
the 200/75 screen position is what I was hoping for easy installation plus it was more of a panic buy. I will be using external buttons I'll make it work I have till Sunday midday to get it into the vape shop. Then I'll have time to get the right layout done.
Frogmod

Member
Registered:
Posts: 58
Reply with quote  #42 
Got my 60 today doing a test run making sure it works. Can't connect to escride im it will connect once the new version comes out. The board isn't coated cuz of limited run of these good thing I have some clear electrical lacquer

Attached Images
jpeg image.jpeg (1.80 MB, 111 views)

Rob_H

Member
Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #43 
I see on the main Evolv page they are building mods now in the Reference Mod enclosure. Dna250/200/75/60 and the prices are on point IMO. I will be going after a 60 I think, having two Dna200's a tiny little 60 will be pretty nice.
dwcraig1

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,248
Reply with quote  #44 
I'm not sure how many 250's are available but there's one less black one now.
__________________
I am not connected with and do not represent Evolv Inc. All opinions are my own. They are just opinions and may not be correct.
soulseek

Member
Registered:
Posts: 36
Reply with quote  #45 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_H
I see on the main Evolv page they are building mods now in the Reference Mod enclosure. Dna250/200/75/60 and the prices are on point IMO. I will be going after a 60 I think, having two Dna200's a tiny little 60 will be pretty nice.


Finally they're doing that! However, are they putting the DNA60 in the same case as the DNA200? In that case, it would be worth it just making a smaller one on your own.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.