Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Bapgood

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #31 
If you want to have the files machined then yes they should be good to go. But machine shops don't typically use STL files in my experience.
Bapgood

Avatar / Picture

Member
Registered:
Posts: 84
Reply with quote  #32 
Like I said it's just my opinion but there or several aspects/features of the reference mod design that aren't conducive for 3D printing, especially filament style printers.   
malcbzt

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #33 
I am kn remote location and my pc is faaar away from me so I cant open any drawings. I own a 200*200*190mm 3d printer and I want to make some cases for my friends. It will be a present and I am not planning to go in bussines with that. So is there a printable drawing for this chip ? Also, I can try to help in my free time to redraw or give tips on drawings so if somebody wants to play with that or help, mail me on mihajicm@gmail.com or write here [smile] I hope we can all make this the only and best vape mod out there [smile]
Mac

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #34 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bapgood
Like I said it's just my opinion but there or several aspects/features of the reference mod design that aren't conducive for 3D printing, especially filament style printers.   


What aspects/features of the design do you think would be a problem?
Mac

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 14
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTMRider
I just converted the files to STL on http://www.3dtransform.com. 

Why would we want to edit the files? They should be good to go, no? 


Are you willing to share the fruits of your labour?
Alexander Mundy

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 17
Reply with quote  #36 
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcbzt
I am kn remote location and my pc is faaar away from me so I cant open any drawings. I own a 200*200*190mm 3d printer and I want to make some cases for my friends. It will be a present and I am not planning to go in bussines with that. So is there a printable drawing for this chip ? Also, I can try to help in my free time to redraw or give tips on drawings so if somebody wants to play with that or help, mail me on mihajicm@gmail.com or write here [smile] I hope we can all make this the only and best vape mod out there [smile]


For the DNA200 board? I split the board file down the center of the board and exported 2 STL flat on the bottom, printed them in ABS, Acetoned them together. I could send you the STL's.

KTMRider

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #37 
I uploaded to my drop box. It's only the front, back and buttons. 

DNA200 Case STL
slutlab

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 2
Reply with quote  #38 
There's a 3d printable version of the chassis, that uses a FDV4 Low-profile 510, on Shapeways now.  Still in Beta, but there shouldn't be any major issues.
miskol

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 7
Reply with quote  #39 
Hi,

first of all, thank you for the solidworks files. but unfortunately, i cannot open it, with error "An error was encountered while trying to open your file. Contact Technical Support for a possible solution". have re-download again but still the same error.

while the IGES files i can opened it though a small error "Imported1: Warning: Imported geometry has 1 Check entity error(s)", still it can be opened.


please help, TQ.

EDIT: yeah sorry, just notice the file is for 2015, thanks ;p
Brandon

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 125
Reply with quote  #40 
Miskol, Which version of SolidWorks are you using?  The SolidWorks files will only open in 2015.

EDIT: Saw your edit [wink]
Picksix

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 13
Reply with quote  #41 
Does anyone have a 3d printable case file they would share. I just got access to a 3d printer and want to try it out.
KTMRider

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Picksix
Does anyone have a 3d printable case file they would share. I just got access to a 3d printer and want to try it out.


4 posts up, I have a link to the files in my dropbox.
copyman

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 11
Reply with quote  #43 
I think that this battery will fit and it's very popular - Turnigy 950 3S  at least in Europe ...

72x25x20   25C / 50C  950 mAh
malcbzt

Avatar / Picture

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 21
Reply with quote  #44 
Edit: my phone is glitching so entered an empty reply. Thank you for that ! I cant open it now with a phone, but can you tell me, when I printout all of that, what battery do I need, a small 3s or 3 good old 18650? For your honour my first bike will be a ktm duke! Haha tnx
KTMRider

Avatar / Picture

Moderator
Registered:
Posts: 188
Reply with quote  #45 
It's for the reference case so you'll need a small 3S lipo. 3 x 18650 won't fit. 

The Duke is a great bike. Make sure you have proper gear. 
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.