Evolv DNA Forum
Sign up Calendar Latest Topics
 
 
 


Reply
  Author   Comment   Page 3 of 4      Prev   1   2   3   4   Next
rastapharoah

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #31 
Has there been a fix for the Vaporshark charging problem yet?

Updated mine a few days ago and it only charges at a stable current at 0.5A. If I try 1A or 2A it ramps up and then goes back to 0.
jeffwilliams81

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #32 
Lost Vape Triade DNA200

When I plug into my PC and run device monitor the battery "level" check box shows me "error". All other lines are showing data and my batteries are balanced and properly working. Any ideas on what would cause this and how I might be able to resolve it?
retird

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,187
Reply with quote  #33 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwilliams81
Lost Vape Triade DNA200

When I plug into my PC and run device monitor the battery "level" check box shows me "error". All other lines are showing data and my batteries are balanced and properly working. Any ideas on what would cause this and how I might be able to resolve it?
]

So your device works properly otherwise?  What is the Pack voltage and individual cells voltages.  Maybe you could post a screenshot of the Device Monitor data.... Does it charge properly?

__________________
I am not an employee of and do not represent Evolv Inc.  My opinions are just that and are not meant to be fact or even correct.

rbodnar217

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #34 
I recently put together a dna 250 dual 18650. When I connect it to any type of charger or even device monitor the mod gives me a check battery error when I press the fire button. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it will fire when plugged in. It charges full 2 amps and works 100 percent otherwise. How can I fix it?
ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #35 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbodnar217
I recently put together a dna 250 dual 18650. When I connect it to any type of charger or even device monitor the mod gives me a check battery error when I press the fire button. Maybe 1 out of 10 times it will fire when plugged in. It charges full 2 amps and works 100 percent otherwise. How can I fix it?
can you post a couple screenshots of device monitor, one trying to fire the device, another the mod sitting idle. make sure cell 1-2, pack, usb current and voltage boxes are ticked.

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
rbodnar217

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #36 
I got one when the mod is just sitting charging and the other shows it trying to fire holding the button and a small part where it actually fired. I have tried different battery sets with no difference.Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png 
ChunkyButt200

Avatar / Picture

Administrator
Registered:
Posts: 1,516
Reply with quote  #37 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbodnar217
I got one when the mod is just sitting charging and the other shows it trying to fire holding the button and a small part where it actually fired. I have tried different battery sets with no difference.Screenshot (2).png Screenshot (3).png 
the phantom 1.75 volts on cell 3 looks strange, not sure if that's the problem or not. i noticed your running SP3 firmware on your device. there has been an update in  the past week. SP5 is out now, why do you give that a try and get back to me.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5_ServicePack.exe

__________________
1.21 JIGAWATTS............GREAT SCOTT!........WHAT THE HELL IS A JIGAWATT?
• I am not employed by nor do I represent Evolv Inc.  All opinions are my own, they are just opinion not fact and can be wrong •
Latest versions of EScribe: DNA 200 • DNA 75  Common problems
EVOLV HELP DESK - https://helpdesk.evolvapor.com/?a=add
LOST VAPE WARRANTY REPAIR - http://www.lostvaperepaircenter.com
rbodnar217

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 3
Reply with quote  #38 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChunkyButt200
the phantom 1.75 volts on cell 3 looks strange, not sure if that's the problem or not. i noticed your running SP3 firmware on your device. there has been an update in  the past week. SP5 is out now, why do you give that a try and get back to me.

https://downloads.evolvapor.com/SetupES_1_2_SP5_ServicePack.exe



Oh wow I thought it would notify if something new was out and I had the newest! And bam problem seems to be gone instantly. Thank you very much for the help and quick response. And I found the 3rd cell to be weird as well. Maybe it was seeing it as an out of balance cell, long behold its gone.Screenshot (5).png

Spirometry

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 135
Reply with quote  #39 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastapharoah
Has there been a fix for the Vaporshark charging problem yet?

Updated mine a few days ago and it only charges at a stable current at 0.5A. If I try 1A or 2A it ramps up and then goes back to 0.


SP5 will fix the Vaporshark charging issue.
eliviardo

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #40 
Can someone please help me, I've had my finder dna250 for about a month now and it ran perfectly. Then all of a sudden it won't charge my batts anymore, i've tried every charger i have, swapped out cables but none of them did the job. The thing is that when i connect it to my charger the screen turns on and i can connect to escribe. The device is still perfectly working only now i charge my batts externaly, i'm a person always on the go cause it's my job and i don't have time to charge my batts externaly. Please help. Thanks!
giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #41 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eliviardo

Can someone please help me, I've had my finder dna250 for about a month now and it ran perfectly. Then all of a sudden it won't charge my batts anymore, i've tried every charger i have, swapped out cables but none of them did the job. The thing is that when i connect it to my charger the screen turns on and i can connect to escribe. The device is still perfectly working only now i charge my batts externaly, i'm a person always on the go cause it's my job and i don't have time to charge my batts externaly. Please help. Thanks!


Wasn't this addressed in a different thread yesterday? ...'DNA250 suddenly won't charge'


Quote:
Originally Posted by eliviardo
Hi, I'm new here and I hope you can help me.
Been a fan of DNA chips ever since, and every dna chip mod i've used I charge via the usb port and everything worked perfectly 'til now. I bought a new device, Finder dna250w. I've had it for about a month and everything ran smoothly until all of a sudden it won't charge my batts anymore. Whenever i plug it to my usb cable the screen turns on(indicating it detects the cable I assume?) but it doesn't charge, also i can connect to escribe, and i've mingled with it following every tutorial in the internet but still didn't fix my charging problem. Also i can still use the device smoothly it's just that it doesn't charge my batts anymore, also my batts are good because I still use them only now i charge them via the external chargers. I'm always on the go and don't have time to charge my batts externaly. Someone please help. Thanks!

Wayneo

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 296
Reply with quote  #42 
Answer here:  https://goo.gl/csaLSR
__________________
My old tired eyes don't look at skewed, moire filled cell phone photos. Printscreen - Sniping tool or [ALT]+[PRT SCN], open MSPaint and paste [CTRL]+[V]
eliviardo

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #43 
I apologize i was just hoping maybe someone in this thread knows
giz_60

Avatar / Picture

Senior Member
Registered:
Posts: 796
Reply with quote  #44 
Not a problem...it's basically not a user fixable issue..you will need to return your device...[frown]
eliviardo

Junior Member
Registered:
Posts: 6
Reply with quote  #45 
Yeah, I just charge them externaly it's just really frustrating considering i'm a person that's always on the road [frown] Thanks!
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print
Reply

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.